- 2 lbs ground turkey, extra lean or 1.5 lb leftover cooked turkey, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large bell peppers, chopped
- 14 oz can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can any white beans, drained & rinsed
- 28 oz can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced or to taste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on high heat and add ground turkey. Cook until brown, stirring and breaking into small pieces with spatula, occasionally. Transfer to a large crockpot. If using leftover cooked turkey, skip the browning step.
- Return skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic, onion, celery, bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, cover and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High. Reduce cooking time to 5 hours on Low and 3 hours on High, if using cooked turkey. Serve hot and top with sliced avocado and/or green onions! Chili tastes even better the next day. This chili is mild enough for the kids. Add more heat with extra chili powder, Taco
seasoning, diced green chiles or jalapenos.
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate covered for up to 5 days. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Last but not least…check out these adorable baby peppers I found inside my green pepper! =)