The perfect decorative topping for any cake, cupcake, cookie, muffin, etc. etc. etc.!!
Birthday Cake Crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine sugars, flour, baking powder salt and sprinkles on low speed.
- Stream in canola oil and vanilla and turn the mixer to medium/high speed.
- Let the mixer run until the mixture turns into small clusters (about 2 minutes)
- Spread the mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool for 8 – 10 minutes and then, using a fork, break the baked crumble into smaller pieces.